Friday, February 4, 2011

Yes Virginia, It Does Snow In Texas

Well, not all the time this far south, but definitely this year. The last few days have been well below freezing; definitely colder than usual. We even had our pipes freeze up yesterday, which I don't think has ever happened to either of us since we both grew up in Texas. Luckily, my dad walked me through some things to try to unfreeze them....and it worked! Now I've got faucets dripping to try to prevent that.

As much as I love seasons, I'm really ready for Spring. I've been plotting and thinking and planning my vegetable garden for months now. I found a folding table on Craigslist yesterday that I plan to use to start my seeds on. After the seeds move outside, I want to make a cover for it and use it as a craft table. After doing a bit more research about starting seeds, I'm thinking that I need to buy some grow lights. I really don't like the idea of having to hang a large shop light from a ceiling so I'm hoping to find something that stands alone. We'll see...I plan to visit some shops this weekend to find out what's available.

In the meantime, here is a picture of our backyard with snow - not a normal site in Austin, TX!



And a little video of the dogs loving the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment