Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

I really love this time of the year. It's not scorching hot yet and everything is bright green. Lots of new growth everywhere! Just a few weeks ago, our trees were bare and the grass was brown. Now there are birds and color everywhere.



I bought the bulb for this elephant ear plant in 2004. It was in a "bargain bin" for $1. It lived in a pot from 2004 - 2008 when we bought our house and it finally got to go in the ground. We had a very hard freeze for several days in a row this year and I was really worried that the elephant ears had died completely. I cut it all the way back and lo and behold, it's coming back up!



Our fig tree



Pear tree



Oh, and one of the most important things! My hubby finished my raised bed and this week I sowed the beet, chard and carrot seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment